Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renaming Songs in an Album

For some reason, I could have sworn you could easily rename songs in an album before, but now, it seems near impossible without switching back and forth between inefficient mouse and keyboard commands.

When in album view, after double-clicking a song name and renaming a song, I press tab, and it goes to the next album, rather than the next song in the album for me to rename. When in Songs view, pressing tab goes to the next field of the song (Artist for me), and not the next song's name field. In Get Info, there's no way to get to the next song with the keyboard. What the ****? The 3 fastest ways I can rename a bunch of songs is to:

1. Click a song name, type it's name in, click the next song name, type it in, repeat

3. Get Info, rename a song, click the arrow and then the name field and hopes it highlights the entire name or Ctrl+A every time, rename it, and repeat

3. Rename a song, Enter, Down Arrow, F2, type its name in, Enter, Down Arrow, F2.

Why is it so inefficient? I would think pressing tab would logically go to the next song's Name field, not the next album or field in the same song. Is there a simpler way to rename songs 1 by 1?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:24 AM

There are no replies.

Renaming Songs in an Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.