Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I update the iphoto app on my mac (says not available in Canada)?

When I click on my iphoto it says it cannot open because it needs to be updated, yet when I try to update it in the App store it says it is not available in my region (Canada). This makes no sense, why shouldn't I be able to have/use iPhoto anymore?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:33 PM

See this User Tip. Usually it will work to reinstall instead of updating:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

The main idea is to move the iPhoto app to the Trash, so Spotlight does not see it as installed, reload the AppStore, and then to try to download again from the App Store - from your Purchases tab, not from the main page, since you can neither buy iPhoto nor update it, but you can reinstall, if your AppleID is associated with it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 12:33 PM in response to hhtchnsn

See this User Tip. Usually it will work to reinstall instead of updating:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

The main idea is to move the iPhoto app to the Trash, so Spotlight does not see it as installed, reload the AppStore, and then to try to download again from the App Store - from your Purchases tab, not from the main page, since you can neither buy iPhoto nor update it, but you can reinstall, if your AppleID is associated with it.

Apr 26, 2015 2:57 PM in response to hhtchnsn

Here's another possible means to get iphoto 9.6.1 posted by Terence Devlin:

Terence Devlin including Apple logo changes for feature 126 Apple image including Apple logo changes for feature 126 Apple image ends here

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

[DocumentBodyStart:d25bf602-029a-4466-b895-2ab6c98bb4c9]

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

Why can't I update the iphoto app on my mac (says not available in Canada)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.