Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Larger

HHow do I make all the type display on my MacBook Pro larger

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:04 AM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Monarch1945

Reduce the resolution will increase the size of everything including the font display. Otherwise, what you can do is click on the Desktop, then press COMMAND-J to open the Show View Options dialog. You can change font size in that dialog for any open Finder window including the Desktop. Note that it only works on the active window and any sub-windows of the active window. If you set it as the Default then it will become permanent for that window.

Apr 26, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Monarch1945

Within some applications, such as a browser, you may change the size and style of the font.

An example, such as it is, in Firefox browser you can set various parts of a web page to be

larger or smaller, and this may be tedium to get the part you want larger while not affecting

any other sections. By default, these changes should stick and not just in one session.

If your display does not support a variety of resolutions, the idea may not be adequate to

to change those settings; of course that would be system-wide and last between startups

not just for one session or in one application. Results may vary, especially should your

hardware not give you (m)any choices. The view options in Accessibility may be worth a

look, but I didn't see anything there that'd help me make system-wide text enhancement

across all applications, and systems if so desired. Some that could help, such as file title

size (Finder view preferences) are in different locations in the OS. Or in each Application.

Did you mention which OS X version your computer is using now? Settings vary in them.

Can't say as there is an easy answer. Some abilities to adjust settings are less than ideal.

And in previous Mac OS and Mac OS X, some were approaching a now-lost perfection...

Short of a knowledgeable understanding of command-line effects on the OS X, and how it

also may really mess up the Mac if you choose to randomly try terminal access, no great

or simple system-wide Preference allows the degree of changes one with visibility issues

may require. To employ a floating magnifying glass, does not resolve the greater issue.

There may be a way to custom set some of these items, without using terminal; however

the few I'm aware of that can change system settings are third-party tools such as onyx

or cocktail. And they require admin access. Some of these can really mess things up, too.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Larger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.