Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trust this computer keeps popping up every time I try to sync

I have a iPhone 6 iOS 8.3, Macbook Pro and iTunes 12.1.2.27 and am having an issue with sync.

In iTunes I can see my iPhone, but every time I try to sync a popup saying - Sync failed due to this computer is no longer approved for purchased apps on this iPhone?

I then approve the computer and it states that I now have 3 out of 5 approved computers. I then try to sync again but then the popup comes again?!?!

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance :-)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:18 AM

Hi, jmansa.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are consistently receiving a prompt regarding 'Trust this computer' and an authorization alert. Here are a couple troubleshooting steps that I would start with. If the issue persists, please let me know.

iTunes: How to reset the Lockdown folder

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer

-Jason H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 9:18 AM in response to jmansa

Hi, jmansa.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are consistently receiving a prompt regarding 'Trust this computer' and an authorization alert. Here are a couple troubleshooting steps that I would start with. If the issue persists, please let me know.

iTunes: How to reset the Lockdown folder

If iTunes repeatedly prompts you to authorize your computer

-Jason H.

Trust this computer keeps popping up every time I try to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.