Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 06HD over two screens

Does any one know if it is possible to set up iMovie 06HD to operate over two screens?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Using i movie 6HD and Final Cut Ex.

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:14 AM

Hi RobertofLadywellVillage,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

After reading your post, it sounds like you would like to have iMovie stretched over two displays. If this is the case, please read over and follow the set up instructions for extended desktop located in the attached article.

OS X Yosemite: Connect multiple displays to your Mac

Set up the displays as an extended desktop

You can arrange your displays in any configuration to create an extended desktop. For example, you can set your displays side by side to create one large continuous desktop.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Arrangement.

2. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Best regards,

Joe

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 9:14 AM in response to RobertofLadywellVillage

Hi RobertofLadywellVillage,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

After reading your post, it sounds like you would like to have iMovie stretched over two displays. If this is the case, please read over and follow the set up instructions for extended desktop located in the attached article.

OS X Yosemite: Connect multiple displays to your Mac

Set up the displays as an extended desktop

You can arrange your displays in any configuration to create an extended desktop. For example, you can set your displays side by side to create one large continuous desktop.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Arrangement.

2. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Best regards,

Joe

May 3, 2015 9:21 AM in response to RobertofLadywellVillage

By the way, until we get that version of iDVD that can handle Blu-rays do you have something that you use and could recommend?

I am using Toast 12. (Purchased on disk from Amazon.) My editing needs are usually fairly simple. I started editing movies using QuickTime 7 Pro.

I then burn my Blu-ray discs using Toast 12. However, Toast 12 is not as capable as iDVD is. When creating chapters you don't have all the great controls that iDVD provides. Toast has an automatic setting that will create about 36 chapters. They also have a another setting that will allow you to have a chapter every 5 or 10 or 15 minutes. I have not found a way to put chapters exactly where I want them without using Final Cut Pro X.

Another item, there is no way to fully preview the created Blu-ray image. As you know, you can create an image file with iDVD and then view that image with Apple's DVD player. This allows you to fully test the desk before burning. I have found no way to do this with my Blu-ray images. Therefore, I have to actually make the Blu-ray disc in order to test it.

iMovie 06HD over two screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.