Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revert to Old Version of Pages

Hi,

I'm currently using version 5.0 of Pages and would like to find a way to revert back to an older version. Many of the features I relied on are missing. Is there an easy way to go back to an older version of the program?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:10 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 12:35 PM in response to kjanzen2015

If Pages '08, or Pages '09 was already on your computer when Pages v5 was installed, they were silently moved to /Applications/iWork '08, or iWork '09 folder locations. See if they are present. Was your Pages '08, or Pages '09 installed from an iWork '08, or iWork '09 DVD?

Pages v5 documents are not directly backward compatible with earlier Pages versions. If you have Pages '08, you will need to export your Pages v5 content as MS Word. If Pages '09, you can export from Pages v5 as Pages '09, or MS Word.

Apr 26, 2015 4:45 PM in response to kjanzen2015

You have a couple choices to fall-back on Pages '09. Be sure to export all Pages v5 created documents to Pages '09 format.

1. App Store downloads can be moved between computers Applications folders
    1. The iWork '09 applications are no longer available from Apple as downloads, or DVD sets.
    2. Move Pages '09 v4.2 or later from an older machine onto your primary Mac.
    3. Move any templates in home/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates/My Templates
  2. iWork '09 DVD installs are a reinstallation on the new Mac, followed immediately with the Apple 9.3 updater.

The DVD applications will not work without the specified updater which brings versions to latest releases.

3. You must not apply the Apple 9.3 updater to applications downloaded from the OS X App Store.

Revert to Old Version of Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.