Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view photos saved on itunes?

Recently I had my iphone 5 stolen and had to replace it with a non-apple product and I won't be getting another iphone for about a month. I never had backed up my phone with icloud so I know I can't retrieve any of my photos that way. However I think I backed up my phone when I synced into itunes to transfer music onto my phone. Is there any way for me view these photos even though I don't have the phone in my possession now? Or at least tell if I had backed up my photos onto my laptop if I cannot view them without an apple device?

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:25 AM

Good Afternoon Mhult,

I'm sorry to hear your iPhone was stolen. Did you have Photo Stream enabled? If so, your most recent photos would be accessible at www.icloud.com even if you didn't do an iCloud backup. If you did an iTunes backup, the article below will show you where the backup file is located on your PC:

Find and manage your iTunes backups - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215

Hope that helps ...

- Judy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 9:25 AM in response to Mhult

Good Afternoon Mhult,

I'm sorry to hear your iPhone was stolen. Did you have Photo Stream enabled? If so, your most recent photos would be accessible at www.icloud.com even if you didn't do an iCloud backup. If you did an iTunes backup, the article below will show you where the backup file is located on your PC:

Find and manage your iTunes backups - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215

Hope that helps ...

- Judy

Apr 29, 2015 9:41 AM in response to judysings

Judy, I did post another question today and wonder if you may know how to answer me. I did learn something from your reply to the OP here......which is how to locate my backups on my Windows Vista (from my ipad mini)

to summarize: I do not have wifi so can use only where it is free , for now. I have an ipad Mini which I have to backup via my itunes account on my PC here....(PC uses Dsl for internet)

I am trying to figure out , how to get the photos I have taken on my ipad, to transfer, sync, whatever ,TO my PC.

the first time I synced them together I was able to sync photos the other way around.....FROM PC, to ipad.

....do you have advice on how to get them from ipad to computer? I normally email them one at a time to people then download to myself......which is a drag.

also I don't really understand iphoto or icloud. is it possible that is how to achieve what I want ?

thank you .

How can I view photos saved on itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.