Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID change on Macbook but not iPad and iPhone

I changed my Apple ID via my Macbook and got confirmation from Apple. However, the change is not reflected in my iPad and iPhone so I can't access iTunes or Apple store from those devices. what is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:07 PM

Go to settings then iTunes & App Store, then click on your apple id, then hit sign out then put your new one in

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 4:07 PM in response to tpgenove

If you changed your Apple ID by going to My Apple ID and clicking on the EDIT option to change the email address, then you will need to sign out of, and back into the following apps on all of your devices:

Settings>iTunes & App Store

Settings>Messages

Settings>FaceTime

If you were signed onto iCloud with that old ID and did not sign out before changing the ID, you need to do the following to get signed out of and back into iCloud under the new ID:

1. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and change your Apple ID back to the old email address. This is temporary. Do NOT verify it, do NOT change your password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. Go to Settings>iCloud, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Sign Out (or Delete if you are running an older iOS). When it asks for a password, enter your current Apple ID password and follow the prompts to sign out the iCloud account

3. Go back to Manage your Apple ID and sign in with the old email address and current password. EDIT the Apple ID back to the new ID. You may have to verify it again

4. Go back to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your new ID

Cheers,

GB

Apple ID change on Macbook but not iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.