Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded iphone 6 now just says hello in different languages screen not responsive

tryed to upgrade iphone 6 software, half way . battery power low signal showed then plugged in power, re initiated upgrade, Now phone un responsive keeps saying hello in different langages. Screen looks like its very large font that will not shrink. Look forward to any help thanks

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:24 PM

3 replies

May 12, 2015 12:32 AM in response to Waves99

[tryed to upgrade iphone 6 software, half way . battery power low signal showed then plugged in power, re initiated upgrade, Now phone un responsive keeps saying hello in different langages. Screen looks like its very large font that will not shrink. Look forward to any help thanks]

---

When doing any sort of SW updates, restores of backups which the SW GB could possibly be rather large and or anything similar, is wise to make sure iOS devices are plugged into a wall outlet and charging, as you stated above 'I read Half Way' this is not good for the device, any technical device that is. When doing any SW updating to any technical device and the first attempt is not able to complete, such as battery loss, disconnection from SW update server etc, can sometimes crash the software that is on technical devices. By having to re-initiate the upgrade process, most possibly the first attempt was corrupted which is why the device is now not responding as should.

Hope you have a computer, and iTunes - if needed download iTunes. However will have to power the device off, and restore via iTunes. If a backup was done before the update was started good. If not hope at least sometime before a backup was done and if not ever done any information on that device before the update was started is now gone.

Notes to help you a little: While device is turned off

If FMIP was turned on under iCloud on the device - will want to have this removed/turned off. - computer - browser - icloud.com - sign in - FMIP - All devices - Remove from account.

Restore device with iTunes -

Dec 21, 2016 10:30 PM in response to Waves99

I'm a bit concerned about my iPhone 6 doing this thing where it just randomly, in the middle of me using it. The screen turns completely white. Then it says hello in all kinds of languages English being last. It asks for my Apple I.D and such.

I'm just concerned because their is no warning and usually an update would be notification on my settings app on my phone. What is going on? May I please get some kind of help or info? Thanks

upgraded iphone 6 now just says hello in different languages screen not responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.