Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.3 Won't Open

iPhoto 9.4.3 with Mountain Lion (10.8.5) will no longer open. I get the message "iPhoto cannot be opened because of a problem." I tried opening iPhoto from the Applications Folder, from the iPhoto Library, and from the backup Library on a separate hard drive, but I always get the same message. I reinstalled the iPhoto app from DVD and download but I still get the same message. Can anyone help? Thanks. Sonny6

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:21 PM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 1:27 PM in response to Sonny6

I get the message "iPhoto cannot be opened because of a problem."

The panel with that error message has probably a report button to show a crash log. Copy and paste the first 50 lines of this crash report into your next message. What does it say?

What happened before iPhoto did no longer open? Did you install ne software or upgraded software? Imported new photos or videos?

Are other applications also having issues?

Apr 26, 2015 2:41 PM in response to léonie

le'onie,

No, iPhoto won't launch using the alt/options either. I don't remember everything I deleted, but I didn't delete anything that specifically said "iPhoto". However, I notice in the problem message it says, "Library not loaded: System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/version/2.6/Python" and the reference is to "Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto". I remember deleting a "2.6", so that may be the problem. Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks. Sonny6

iPhoto 9.4.3 Won't Open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.