Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorizing old computers.

How can I deauthorize all my computers if the hard drives have all gone bad and I have no access to them anymore?, can I create a new ID and transfer all my previous purchases or am I just S.O.L. ?

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:02 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 2:10 PM in response to LilRedDevil

If you have one computer which is authorised in iTunes then you can follow this procedure:

Deauthorize all computers

Open iTunes on one of your authorized computers.

1. Click Store > Sign In.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Click Deauthorize All.
    User uploaded file
    The Deauthorize All button appears only if you have more than 2 authorized computers. If you don't see the Deauthorize All button, that means you only have one authorized computer.

If you don't have any authorised computers you will have to contact Support. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com . Click 'See all products and services', then ' 'iTunes', and then 'iTunes Store', then 'Account management' then 'iTunes authorisation or de-authorisation'.

Apr 26, 2015 2:10 PM in response to LilRedDevil

You can de-authorize individual computers, but only by using those computers. The only other option is to "de-authorize all" from your iTunes account.

1. Open iTunes on a computer

2. From the Store menu, select "View my Account..."

3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

4. Under "Computer Authorizations" select "De-authorize All".

5. Authorize each computer you still have, as you may require.

You may only do this once per year.

After you "de-authorize all" your authorized computers, re-authorize each one as required.

If you have de-authorized all computers and need to do it again, but your year has not elapsed, then contact: Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us.

For more information on authorization and de-authorization: iTunes Store- Authorize or deauthorize your Mac or PC.

Deauthorizing old computers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.