Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i transfer photos from itune album to iphone 6

i have a mac i OS X version 106.8. . I backed up an old phone, but when trying to restore pictures, they do not transfer to new phone. They are in an album in Itunes, but will not transfer to new Iphone 6. Any advise?

iPhone 6, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:56 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 8:35 PM in response to amett

Do you have iCloud Photo Library turned on, on your device? If you do, then all of your photos are housed and "sync'd" via iCloud. I am not aware of any way for you to move an iPhoto Album onto your device if you are using iCloud Beta Library.

However, I shall put a bat call out to léonie, our resident iPhoto, Aperture, and iCloud Photo Library (and how to make them all play nicely) expert.

Hopefully, léonie will be able to get back to you shortly!

Cheers,

GB

Apr 27, 2015 4:01 AM in response to amett

Which version of iTunes are you running?

but when i hook up new device to itunes, and click on Photos, there is no option to Sync Photos.

Just to be sure- where are you clicking on "Photos"?

Are you doing it as described here? Sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in iTunes - Apple Support

1. Open iTunes and connect your device.
  2. Locate and click on your device.
    User uploaded file
  3. Click the Photos tab.
    User uploaded file
  4. Click the box next to "Sync Photos from."

If your photos are in an app, such as iPhoto or Aperture, follow these steps.If your photos are in a folder or folders, follow these steps.

If your photos are in an app

1. Choose the application you want to sync photos from in the pop-up menu.
  2. Choose to sync all photos or selected photos.
  3. Select "Include videos" to sync videos stored in that same app.User uploaded file
  4. Click Apply.

can i transfer photos from itune album to iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.