Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s won't connect to gmail via cellular

about 2 weeks ago, my iphone 4S, iOS 8.3, stopped connecting to gmail via cellular. It still connects via wifi. All other apps seem to be connecting via cellular except for gmail. Also, during roughly the same timeframe, I can't make it through an entire day without recharging the phone, even though I've been very careful to quit any apps not in use.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 11:05 AM

Hello hotpiano,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the gmail app is not using cellular data but other apps are. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Learn about cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (Cellular Model) - Apple Support

To view the cellular data usage for your apps, tap Settings > Cellular. You can turn cellular data on or off for each app.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 11:05 AM in response to hotpiano

Hello hotpiano,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the gmail app is not using cellular data but other apps are. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Learn about cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad (Cellular Model) - Apple Support

To view the cellular data usage for your apps, tap Settings > Cellular. You can turn cellular data on or off for each app.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

iphone 4s won't connect to gmail via cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.