Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes not allow me to download recent purchases and keep asking me to re-download iTunes?

I'm about to tear my hair out. Each time I try to download a new TV episode video from last week (from the email I was sent stating the episode was now available for download), I keep being told I have to download iTunes. I HAVE iTunes! I've even removed it and started from scratch and the same message about downloading iTunes keeps appearing and won't let me go further. What is my problem?

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 4:41 PM

Greetings BevAnneS,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like it does not recognize that iTunes is installed. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 4:41 PM in response to BevAnneS

Greetings BevAnneS,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like it does not recognize that iTunes is installed. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Mario

Why does iTunes not allow me to download recent purchases and keep asking me to re-download iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.