Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

latest update

Since downloading the latest software my iPad is getting extremely hot and the battery life has dropped considerably. This is the third iPad I have had with the same problem. I close my apps down and turn it off every night, what am I doing wrong.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:51 PM

If your device has SW issues, your device may start working slowly, battery may drain fast, working app quit unexpectedly, so on.. All because of software issues.

So, what you can do is "restore your device." and set up as a new iPad.

Sync your contacts,calander, notes, etc on iCloud. If you have photos/videos - import them manually on your PC.

Next step: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once restore is done, setup assistant will disappear on device screen. Then, you should setup as a new one, not restore iTunes or iCloud backup!!

Issue will be solved. 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Ilovekeff

If your device has SW issues, your device may start working slowly, battery may drain fast, working app quit unexpectedly, so on.. All because of software issues.

So, what you can do is "restore your device." and set up as a new iPad.

Sync your contacts,calander, notes, etc on iCloud. If you have photos/videos - import them manually on your PC.

Next step: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once restore is done, setup assistant will disappear on device screen. Then, you should setup as a new one, not restore iTunes or iCloud backup!!

Issue will be solved. 🙂

latest update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.