Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I send Logic drummer separate tracks to different outputs? When I select the separate drum tracks the output is set and not changeable

I am using the Producer drummers in Logic where the different drums parts,(snare, overheads, Kick, etc) are broken into separate tracks. I would like to take some of these tracks (for ex. snare) and route it to a different output bus. When I try to do this the output is not modifiable. Anyone find a way around this?

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:24 PM

The question is not to find a way around it, the question is why it behaves that way in your Project.

A Producer Kit is just a Summing Stack, were all the individual Channel Strips (Subtracks) are routed to the same Bus that the Master Stack Channel Strip uses as its input.

In the example of the screenshot, the Summing Stack uses Bus 2, but I selected different Outputs for the firstsix Subtracks, even a Surround Output, whatever is available under the Output Selection Button. Only the "Tom High" Channel Strip is still routed via Bus 2 to the Master Stack Channel Strip.

You can find more in-depth explanations about the Drummer in my graphically enhanced manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works".

User uploaded file

Try to use a different Project and see if you can change the output routing there.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 5:24 PM in response to jjpopp

The question is not to find a way around it, the question is why it behaves that way in your Project.

A Producer Kit is just a Summing Stack, were all the individual Channel Strips (Subtracks) are routed to the same Bus that the Master Stack Channel Strip uses as its input.

In the example of the screenshot, the Summing Stack uses Bus 2, but I selected different Outputs for the firstsix Subtracks, even a Surround Output, whatever is available under the Output Selection Button. Only the "Tom High" Channel Strip is still routed via Bus 2 to the Master Stack Channel Strip.

You can find more in-depth explanations about the Drummer in my graphically enhanced manual "Logic Pro X - How it Works".

User uploaded file

Try to use a different Project and see if you can change the output routing there.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

can I send Logic drummer separate tracks to different outputs? When I select the separate drum tracks the output is set and not changeable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.