Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've moved my iTunes media to a new drive, how do I get iTunes to find it. I'm using Windows 7

Hi,

I've moved my iTunes media to my 'spare' internal D Drive, following the instructions on this link:(I'm using Windows 7).

Move your iTunes Media folder on a Windows PC - Apple Support

I hit a problem at stage 11 when I had to move my original media file to the recycle bin. The process started then it stopped, saying that the file was too big for the recycle bin (54 GB or thereabouts). It then asked if I wanted to permanently delete the files instead. I said yes. (I have them backed up externally).

The iTunes media file is in my D Drive, but I can't get iTunes to locate it. I've tried going through preferences/advanced and browsing to it but that does't seem to work.

My media is all listed in iTunes, but on the cloud rather than on my hard drive (C). Downloading it all from the cloud would defeat the object of freeing space on my primary hard drive (C).

Any ideas on how I could get iTunes to find the files on D Drive ?

many thanks,

Matt

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2015 2:46 AM

See Make a split library portable. With luck you should be able to move the iTunes folder to the D: drive, place the iTunes Media folder inside it, and shift-start iTunes to connect to D:\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl. If all goes well it should be as if you'd moved the entire iTunes folder as a unit in the first place.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2015 2:46 AM in response to MJHB

See Make a split library portable. With luck you should be able to move the iTunes folder to the D: drive, place the iTunes Media folder inside it, and shift-start iTunes to connect to D:\iTunes\iTunes Library.itl. If all goes well it should be as if you'd moved the entire iTunes folder as a unit in the first place.

tt2

I've moved my iTunes media to a new drive, how do I get iTunes to find it. I'm using Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.