Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have to repeatedly install Pro Video Formats 2.0.1

On April 21 the App Store notified me of the update to Pro Video Formats 2.0.1. At least twice every day since then, I've received an update notice for what appears to be exactly the same update, even though I keep installing it after each notification. My "Updates Installed in the Last 30 Days" list currently is showing 12 ⚠ instances of the installation of the same thing with the same name, version number, and description. What is the problem?

Am running Mavericks 10.9.5 on a 15" Retina Macbook if that matters

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:47 PM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Smokey's Dad

I have the same problem. I right click the update name on the App Store and left click on Hide Update.

I found this link in the Apple site Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 , I downloaded it, Installed it, Opened the three Apps FCPX, Motion & Compressor.

Then open App Store again and check in the updates, I click on Sore Menu, "show all software updates". and still the Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 appears and a needed update. It is annoying.

You can try and see if it works for you.

I am using a Mac Pro 2.8 GHz (Mid 2012) with 10.9.5.

I hope someone fix this.

Apr 27, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Smokey's Dad

Finally we have the SOLUTION, and it is Official by Apple. I read it in another thread, Pro Video Formats 2.0.1 Repeat Installation, but it was missing some very important information. Here there are the correct steps;

1. Be sure all applications are closed, since you are going to restart twice.

1. Copy the Folder Macintosh HD/Library/QuickTime to another HD or Desktop, if you use the Desktop, rename it to QuickTimebk or something you wish.

2. Trash all the files contained in original folder Macintosh HD/Library/QuickTime/

3. Open App Store and Install the Software Update Pro Video Formats 2.0.1

4. Close all windows and App Store and Restart your computer.

5. open the original Folder Macintosh HD/Library/QuickTime, you will find all the files installed by the update Pro Video Formats 2.0.1

6. from the QuickTimebk (backup on desktop or else) folder, copy/paste or drag into the original QuickTime folder, all missing files you were using,

like perian.component, Flip4Mac, LiveType, DVCPROHDMuxer DVCPROHDVideo, etc. While doing this, be careful do not overwrite any file, check names.

7. Close all windows, and Restart computer again.

8. Open App Store again and enjoy not seeing the update request for Pro Video Formats 2.0.1. Use your computer as usual.

See you in the next issue.

Apr 27, 2015 6:39 PM in response to bogarguz

BINGO. That did it! The trick is NOT to copy over from the temp folder anything except what isn't installed in the update in the Library>QT folder, because the new things installed in the folder by the update are LATER version of those things than what you have on your desktop backup. If you over copy the new stuff with the old, you're just perpetuating the problem ...

Thanks.

Now would Apple please make sure none of their future updates require these convoluted fixes before unleashing the things on the user community? PLEASE! This was not fun and not a productive use of my or anyone else's time and frustration levels ...

Why do I have to repeatedly install Pro Video Formats 2.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.