Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it ok to download Google Chrome?

I guess the answer is yes, but afterwards, does the icon display at the dock? what happens? how would I access it? thank you.

I am having trouble logging in to another site and the board administrator asked to see if the same problem occurs on another browser. Thanks if anyone can help.

macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:24 PM

8 replies

Apr 26, 2015 5:29 PM in response to Christine Altieri

There is nothing wrong with downloading an additional browser. Be it Chrome or even firefox.

Once downloaded, you will have a DMG file in your Downloads folder. You will have to double click the dmg file to start the installation of Chrome. It will just request you Drag the Chrome icon into the Applications folder.

Once that is done, Chrome will available in your Application folder in Finder. You can open it from there, or from the Launchpad icon on your dock.

You can also drag it from the Applications folder to the dock if you want a shortcut on the dock.

Apr 28, 2015 7:41 AM in response to Ziatron

Its silly to think Google would make and offer a browser for a system where it won't work well. Google may be a competitor but its exactly that reason why they would want to make sure their software works otherwise you won't want to use it, and they want you to use it. There's no gain for them if you don't use it.

For the record I've never had issues with Google Chrome on a Mac. It works perfectly fine.

is it ok to download Google Chrome?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.