Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone experience disk integrity errors lpt$vpn. files?

I'm experiencing repeated disk integrity errors needing repairs as disk becomes corrupted. Hard drive and data file system have been tested at the Apple Store and they come back clean. I'm using Yosemite. Some Apple Advisors (AA's) believe it might be Trend Micro so I removed that program. Other AA's suspect it might be a printer port or the way the printer is talking to the computer. I removed the printer. I have erased and reinstalled the operating system and now I'm doing a free space erase and default install to factory settings.

Here's a typical disk integrity warning:

Disk Integrity Warning

Incorrect block count for file lpt$vpn.601 (should be 6144 instead of 14949)

Volume bitmap needs minor repair to orphaned blocks

Invalid volume free block count. (should be 105160005 instead of 105151200)

The volume Macintosh HD was found to be corrupt and needs to be repaired.

File system check exit code is 8

This disk needs to be repaired

The messages always identify an lpt$vpn. file. The only thing that changes are the last three digits of the lpt$vpn. file, the block counts (free and withteh lpt file)

If anyone has successfully dealt with this type of error before I would appreciate talking to you.

Paul ********@cupe.ca

<Email Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:44 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 6:43 PM in response to paulandlul

If the computer is started up from the Mac OS X hard disk (or disk partition) and Disk Utility finds errors on it, there is not necessarily anything wrong. Only when started up from the CD [or the Recovery HD] should Disk Utility reports of errors on the Mac OS X hard disk (or disk partition) be considered accurate.

Disk Utility incorrectly reports disk errors on startup volume

anyone experience disk integrity errors lpt$vpn. files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.