Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad problem

Hey

I was a week on vacation, during that time my MacBookPro11,1 just stood on my desk at home. After i came back the problems with the internal trackpad started. I had a jumping cursor which made "Ghost" clicks. After doing everything described in the official Apple paper i went to a near Reseller where i bought the notebook 1 year and 3 Months earlier (so no more AppleCare). They did a hardwaretest and told me that they didn`t found a problem but the problem appeared in the store(within a special diagnostic OS, so no OS failure). A repair would cost 600€ and would be necessary . But the guy told me a *trick*: If my battery is bad he can change the battery which is the same procedure as just fixing the trackpad for only 200€, but the condition of the battery (97%) is too good.

Beside that the SDcard slot is not functional for 70% of the time during a mainboard failure. But that is only a side fact.

So i tried to phone with Apple in Germany but the support is only for software, nobody can tell me how much replacing a trackpad would actually cost at apple. I should go to a store (the next one is 65km away).

The shape of the notebook is quite excellent. I admit that I use it a lot on jobs (I'm a learning event engineer, so its necessary)

But paying something like 1100€ for restoring some hardwaredefects which are definitely apples fault after 1 year and 3 months can just be a joke. The Original price was 1600€!!!

I'm using Mac OS since 2008, with my first Alu MacBook at the age of 14. I told every one in my family to buy a mac and everyone is quite happy, I bought myself an iPhone 6 in December.

But the fact that no one can or will help me is just disappointing. The device is not useable as a notebook with the trackpad. I recorded a show the other night and the trackpad just quit Logic. And to pay 600€ if I can buy an external trackpad for 60€ with bluetooth must be a joke.

And the biggest joke ist that replacing the battery, which is EXACT the same procedure for the reseller costs 400€ less than replacing the trackpad alone.

I'm just disappointed.

ps.

Using an external Mouse is not an alternativ. That's not the reason why i bought a MacBook.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Trackpad

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:30 PM

There are no replies.

Trackpad problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.