Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did the update, now no free space

I Did the update, now there is no free space

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 2:20 PM

Howdy shannonfromlodi,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you need to free up space on your iPhone, then you can delete some of your less used content you've downloaded previously. For assistance with deleting content, take a look at the information in the second article below. The first article can help explain more about what particular information is taking up the most space on your iPhone.

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 2:20 PM in response to shannonfromlodi

Howdy shannonfromlodi,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you need to free up space on your iPhone, then you can delete some of your less used content you've downloaded previously. For assistance with deleting content, take a look at the information in the second article below. The first article can help explain more about what particular information is taking up the most space on your iPhone.

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Apr 29, 2015 2:56 PM in response to chuck_3rd

That would be fine if I didn't want what I have on my phone. The update takes all the available space and when I delete apps to accommodate the update it just keeps taking all the free space. I have deleted 6 apps, all my pictures, music and text messages and there still is no free space. What is in the update that takes all the free space? This is ridiculous to keep having a message pop up that there is no storage available.

Did the update, now no free space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.