Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inexplicably Lost Folder

I will preface this by asking for forgiveness for my complete amateur status and what will surely be an embarrassing question to Apple/Mac experts.

I've had my MacBook Pro since 2012 but took forever getting around to actually transferring my files off my old Dell and slowly (really slowly) dipping my toes into this completely different world. This weekend I made my first attempt at organizing files and getting things 'cleaned up.' Somehow in doing so, however, I have managed to lose a folder I created on my desktop and named 'Photos'. I was using the folder as a temporary holding place to review pictures from other folders i was cleaning out. Ultimately, I planned to review the batch of photos placed there and then move the finals into the 'Pictures' directory.

Trouble is - the folder is now gone. There were nearly 3,000 pictures in it when last I saw it (yesterday evening). I have checked the trash, done a search of the entire computer and eyeballed the files/directories individually to see if i somehow unwittingly moved it. Nothing. I'm certain it's a case of user error - but I just don't know enough about the system on my own to figure it out. I am hopeful it's somewhere still as I have not emptied the trash in a really long time.

What am I not doing correctly? What should I doing? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 🙂

Thanks so much,

Mega Novice

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:41 PM

There are no replies.

Inexplicably Lost Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.