Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro is not maintaining internet connection

I keep losing my internet connections with my MacBook Pro. As a result I would run Network Diagnostics and get inconsistent results. When things are not connected I see red dots by "ISP", "Internet", and "Server". Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Settings, and Network Settings stay green. I click through each of the questions and at least 9 out of every 10 times, all the colors change to green and I get the message "Your internet connection appears to be working correctly". It WILL then work for a little bit (a few seconds to a few minutes) before then again not working. So I go through the steps again and by the end, the colors are back to green. I never get a message telling me why I keep losing the connection. At first I thought it was our modem, so I kept re-setting it. But nobody else in my family is having connection issues. I have turned off and rebooted my computer multiple times but it has not helped, either. FYI - my wi-fi radar icon at the top of my screen remains dark during all of this, but I will lose access to email, links won't open, pages won't update, etc.

I recently updated to Yosemite but this started before that, although now it is more frequent.

I do not know what else to try. This computer is only about 2 yrs old. Help!!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 3:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:25 AM in response to jortbru1299

Yes, as stated in my original message, I thought it was the modem/router at first, so reset it multiple times. But that didn't help AND nobody else in my home is having an issue using their computers.

ALSO, my neighbor was kind enough to share their password last night so I could log onto their network (a different service provider), and I am continuing to have the same issue, leading me back to thinking it is a problem within my laptop.

MacBook Pro is not maintaining internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.