Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal displays just 2 or 3 lines, when room for more??

Since updating to Yosemite, my iCal sometimes shows only 2 lines of info even though there's space in the box for more lines. Here's examples:

User uploaded file

There's room for the rest of the phone number and more, but instead it gave me dot, dot, dot and nothing below. Sometimes expanding the time slot and then retracting it again resets it like this example:

User uploaded file

This time-slot box is even smaller than the one above, yet it currently shows 4 lines of type under the (unnecessary) time stamp. When I first typed it in, originally it just showed 2 lines, but then I grabbed the bottom arrow, pulled down till it was a much longer time slot, then slid back up till it was just 1 hour slot, and all 4 lines appeared. Tried the same thing with the top example, but the next line never appeared. Very wanky. Forces me to double click the event to see the full description in the editing pane, but there's no reason why 3 or 4 lines shouldn't show up in the main iCal display...there's plenty of room. What the?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:32 PM

There are no replies.

iCal displays just 2 or 3 lines, when room for more??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.