Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Safari Web Content not responding'

While on amazons site, my MBP quickly freezes and when I force quit I get 'Safari Web content not responding.' I have tried other browsers with the same freeze and reading.

Any suggestions of what might stop this behavior please and thank you.

This only happens on Amazon.com.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:52 PM

12 replies

Apr 27, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you Linc for trying to answer the question

I am having the same problem. Turning Wi-Fi off and on did not help me.

I have the Macbook Air 2013.

I also want to mention that I have an IPad Air 2 and an IPhone 5s and I do not have a problem getting on Amazon with these. It is just the Macbook I am having trouble with.

Apr 27, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc, No turning wi-fi off then on did not correct the behavior. I also cleared caches and website data. Further it only hangs on a secondary page of Amazon.. when I attempt to buy a book. Never hangs on the opening page. It lets me go further. But when I click to buy a book or download a sample... it has hung. Thanks for your reply.

Amy

May 5, 2015 11:08 AM in response to photonewb

My problem is trying to buy a kindle book.

I was told by someone on forum to open a new amazon account. When i did that I did not have any problems.

Today I chatted with Amazon on the chatline, because I can get on the site. 2 hours later with 2 different people. I lost the first chat, so I started another chat with a different person. That person could not help me, so she had a tech support call me. That person could not help me, so he sent it to another tech support. She could not help me so she is sending to Amazon and they should call me in 2 - 3 business days.

They keep asking me if I talked to Apple Support. I lied and said yes. I really do not want to be charged for something that might be a problem with my account and something thing they can fix.

Also I have kindle App on my laptop. When I opened it I do not have a button to even go shopping for an ebook. I just learned that today.

I will keep you posted on if I learn anything.

Good luck finding answers

May 6, 2015 9:00 AM in response to photonewb

Thank you Phonewb

I tried it once it did not work, but this time it did. :-)

I am on Amazon almost everyday too.

What a pain having to turn it on and off.

I will still let you know what Amazon said when they call. I am hoping they can reset something on their end.

Even though my javascript is updated, I still went to Java site and downloaded it again. FYI that did not help

I tried Chrome and it worked just fine. I refuse to use Chrome.

It even works on my iPad, IPhone and Hubby's iMac

Does not make any sense.

Good Luck on your journey with this trouble and please share.

'Safari Web Content not responding'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.