Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does "Upload to My Photo Stream" do?

I'm currently sharing my iCloud photo Library among several iOS and OS X devices, works great! However, I don't want every single photo I take to show up immediately to the library. I thought the purpose of the "Upload to My Photo Library" setting would solve this exact issue. It's turned OFF on my iPhone but as soon as I take a picture, it shows up on my iMac (this is in my house on same wifi network, so it happens pretty fast). The setting literally says "Automatically upload new photos and send them to all of your iCloud devices when connected to wifi". So, if I turn it off, it should not automatically upload new photos, right? What am I missing?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 4:51 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Phatkrome17

Hello Phatkrome17,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

The likely reason why photos are still uploading to your other devices even after turning off iCloud Photo Library, is that all of your devices have My Photo Stream enabled. If you'd like to learn more about My Photo Stream, then take a look at the information in the link below.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

What does "Upload to My Photo Stream" do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.