Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming calls not going to the car hands free.

i'm having a problem with my iPhone 6+ receiving calls to its internal speaker when connected to the car hands free in Bluetooth mode. Either that or the call is completely dropped. The car software is HondaLink First Gen. Initially everything worked fine. This just started recently. Is there a phone or car setting I need to change?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:57 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2015 3:54 AM in response to Ralph9430

i tried unpinning the phone, resetting network settings, renaming the phone, then turning off the phone and deleting the device from the car. At that point I shut down the car, plugged in the phone using USB and then restarted the car to re-pin the phone with its new name. Everything worked fine for an hour or two, then the problem returned.

I've repeated this process with new phone names ang gotten the same result. It seems to drop a caller ONLY on the first attempt. After that, calls connect.

Incoming calls not going to the car hands free.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.