Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I send large voice memos via iMessage by using my email address as the recipient for it to be sent to iMessages in my mac?

I used to be able to send voice memos that were as long as an hour-1 1/2 hours via iMessage from my iPhone and send them to my mac iMessages. I did this by typing my email address in as a recipient for the message of the voice memo to be sent and then received in my mac iMessages and once I would recieve the Message on my mac the recipient would still show as the name of my email address or come up as my first name.

However, when I try do send a large voice memo now from my iPhone to my mac via iMessage, a pop up message appears on my phone that says the "attachment is too long. Would you like to select a smaller clip from this attachment to send?" I don't understand why it's not allowing me to send large voice memos anymore. I had done it plenty of times in the past. In fact, the message history under the iMessage conversations (that were done using my email address) on my iPhone and my mac consist of MANY voice memos some over an hour long that are dated back to about 2 years ago and once I click on any voice memo I ever sent to myself on my mac, it opens up via iTunes and i am then able to listen to it.

I am already aware of the other options out there in how you can transfer over a large voice memo to your mac. Such as the option of syncing it to iTunes by plugging your iPhone into your mac via a USB etc. Or editing the voice memo to shorten it to send as a shorter file via email or iMessage. But I'm trying to figure out why I'm suddenly not able to send large voice memos via iMessage to my mac anymore using my email address!!

Does anyone have a clue as to why??

By the way, I have an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, and I was able to successfully do this with no issue until today.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:18 PM

There are no replies.

How can I send large voice memos via iMessage by using my email address as the recipient for it to be sent to iMessages in my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.