Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the best way to transfer my itunes library to a new computer while keeping ratings, views and playlists intact?

im transferring library from windows 7 pc to a windows 8. my library is about 30gb and a lot of it is 3rd party music (only a couple gb's are from iTunes store). I would like to avoid downloading 3rd party software if possible. thanks in advance.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:50 PM

All you normally need to do is copy the entire iTunes folder from the user's Music folder on one computer into the user's Music folder on the other. You can use a network share or an external drive to help with the move.

See this migrate iTunes library post for more details and strategies for when the library isn't in the usual layout.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 3:50 PM in response to zelous

All you normally need to do is copy the entire iTunes folder from the user's Music folder on one computer into the user's Music folder on the other. You can use a network share or an external drive to help with the move.

See this migrate iTunes library post for more details and strategies for when the library isn't in the usual layout.

tt2

What's the best way to transfer my itunes library to a new computer while keeping ratings, views and playlists intact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.