Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating old iMovie projects

I'm using the latest version of fcpx (10.2) and I'm trying to move all my old iMovie projects into fcp

I have old iMovie projects on almost every version of iMovie dating including iMovie HD, iMovie '11, iMovie 10

I'm very confused between the latest iMovie versions. I believe that iMovie 11 is actually older than iMovie 10? ('11 referring to the year it came out and 10 relating it to os X or fcpX?)

I think its the iMovie 11 software that used the iMovie project and iMovie events folders. I think this older iMovie software expected you to import the iMovie project from the old version earliest version of fcpx? (or export an xml file?) I think the newer iMovie 10 wants you to export the iMovie project to the latest version of fcpx 10.2?

Is it possible to move a project from the older iMovie (11?) to the newest fcpx (10.2)? Do I need to do an intermediary step and upgrade from the older iMovie to the newest iMovie? Do movie trailers work the same way from both iMovie programs if converted first to movie project form?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:59 PM

There are no replies.

updating old iMovie projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.