Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages crashes when I drag any shape

Using Pages v5.5.3 - April 2015

When I drag any shape in my document, Pages crashes hard. It seems to particularly happen when I drag a shape near another one and the yellow alignment guides display themselves for a second.

This happens every time, consistently, making Pages unusable. Please help or fix.

Obi-wan, you're my only hope.

Thanks!

Pages-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:15 PM

Not happening to me and I have been giving it a right thrashing with shapes and the drawing tool, the last few days.

The only thing Pages 5 is good for IMHO.

Look to your hardware, particularly your RAM usage and how much hard drive space is free.

You can try using Activity Monitor in your Utilities folder to see what's going on and look at the crash reports. We can't see what is going on so not much we can do blind.

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 7:15 PM in response to Brent Engels

Not happening to me and I have been giving it a right thrashing with shapes and the drawing tool, the last few days.

The only thing Pages 5 is good for IMHO.

Look to your hardware, particularly your RAM usage and how much hard drive space is free.

You can try using Activity Monitor in your Utilities folder to see what's going on and look at the crash reports. We can't see what is going on so not much we can do blind.

Peter

Apr 27, 2015 11:26 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

HI. Thanks for the reply. I checked the RAM - only using 2% of ram for apps. HD is at 75 GB available.

But ... I think I figured it out.

I switched the document to PAGE LAYOUT and things are cool now. I thought that it was already using Page Layout, but I was wrong.

Anyone else with this issue, go to File > Convert to Page Layout and you should be golden. See attached screenshot.

User uploaded file

Pages crashes when I drag any shape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.