Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 voice recognition not working

I have an iphone 6 and have had it since October 2014. For about a month now, the voice recognition option does not work. I like to use it rather than texting, and emails when I'm on the go and it's frustrating that I can't figure out what's wrong. I have looked through other threads to try and figure out what else I might do. So far I've:

• rebooted (hard reset)
  • double checked that all my settings are correct re Siri and voice recognition
  • checked that it is not a problem with earphones v. no earphones. Doesn't appear to make any difference
  • Siri doesn't work either
  • Checked the microphone to make sure it's not blocked or something

I can use the phone feature just fine.

It just seems to be the voice recognition feature that doesn't want to cooperate. If you have any ideas please let me know!

I'm taking it to the Apple Store next week since I have run out of my own ideas... Thanks! 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 6:13 PM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2015 2:23 PM in response to bishibarnabee

Hi bishibarnabee,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you continue to have issues with Voice Control and/or Siri, you may find the troubleshooting outlined in the following articles helpful, in addition to taking it in to the Apple Store if necessary:

Get help with Siri - Apple Support

Tips for using Voice Control with iPhone and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

iphone 6 voice recognition not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.