Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.8 crashing 3 seconds after opening

Every time I open iMovie, it crashes "unexpectedly" immediately after I get a notification saying Share Failed. FF transcoder unshare operation failed iMovie theater. It was perfectly fine before today, but just began crashing out of nowhere even before I updated to 10.0.8 (also did that today in hopes it would fix my issue). I've already done most of the common fixes: repairing disk permissions, resetting the PRAM, checking for zero byte files in transcoded media folder, deleting the .plist file in Library / Preferences, and I looked for the 3ivxvideocodec file in Library / Quickts perfectly fine before today, but just began crashing out of nowhere even before I updated to 10.0.8 (also did that today in hopes it would fix my issue). Everything is up to date.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of things I can do to resolve this issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:54 AM

So it appears that when you open iMovie it tries to resume a share operation that was in progress (but interrupted) from a previous session. This then fails.

It might be worth trying to launch iMovie with the 'alt' key depressed. This should prevent iMovie automatically trying to resume where it left off and will present you with a window asking which library you want to load. You may find the problem goes away or only returns when you try to share again a particular project.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 1:54 AM in response to kingbeaufort

So it appears that when you open iMovie it tries to resume a share operation that was in progress (but interrupted) from a previous session. This then fails.

It might be worth trying to launch iMovie with the 'alt' key depressed. This should prevent iMovie automatically trying to resume where it left off and will present you with a window asking which library you want to load. You may find the problem goes away or only returns when you try to share again a particular project.

Geoff.

iMovie 10.0.8 crashing 3 seconds after opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.