Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Bookmarks Chrome app keeps uninstalling

Here are the details. Due to work, college, and personal life I have to use Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and even Internet Explorer. For example some of my college's web apps only work in Internet Explorer but about nothing else works in Internet Explorer. Another example is I have to use a Chromebook for work and the Chrome browser at home on my desktop due to the apps and extensions. To make a long story short I needed a way to sync information like bookmarks across these browsers and devices.

I installed iCloud for Windows on my Windows 8 PC because it's the only device that has all the browsers but Safari on it, but it syncs with my iPad that has Safari. I clicked the button in it to sync my Chrome, Firefox, and IE bookmarks with Safari and it installed Apps/Extensions in all the browsers to sync them. As soon as I turned my Chromebook on it sync'd with my Chrome account and installed the bookmark app. It instantly realized it was not on a Windows OS and said it only worked in Windows and uninstalled its self. Chrome sync'd with my Desktop and uninstalled it there. I tried reinstalling it but it instantly uninstalled its self.

What are my options? Also any suggestions for syncing other things like reminders, calenders, passwords, etc? I'd been using LastPass but they want to charge me a reoccurring fee to use it on my iPad.

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:24 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Bookmarks Chrome app keeps uninstalling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.