Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete photos from icloud

With the new photos app, I have attempted to make the switch to storing all of my photos in icloud/photos. Previously I had my older photos stored elsewhere whilst my newer photos were stored in iphoto.

Over the past couple of weeks i have been uploading my 100gb photos database to icloud whilst importing my older photos. I was also organising them into new albums instead of the old iphotos events.

What has happened though is that icloud hasnt synced correctly, and there seems to be a mishmash of the old organisation with the new. There also seems to be a disconnect between how many photos have uploaded in icloud vs how many are present in photos on the mac.

I think the best option would be to delete the photos in icloud and then re-upload my photos library, as that contains the photos and structures i want.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I have disconnected both my phone and mac from icloud photos at the moment.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:04 PM

There are no replies.

delete photos from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.