Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i back up my information from a disabled ipod to my laptop?

my charger broke so my ipod stayed dead for atleast 3 weeks. when i was finally able to charge it, it said it was disabled for 23 million minutes. i know it can be fixed but what i cant figure out is if there is a way to back up all of my pictures. ive tried but have been unsuccessful. i have pictures of me and my father after not being able to see him for 5 years on there and it may be another 5 years before i see him again. it would break my heart if i lost those pictures. if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 1:27 AM in response to loveecho

If when you connect to your computer you can't back it up then you can't back it up. It is a security feature of the iPod

If you have a backup with those photos you can restore from backup. Otherwise you have to option:

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Then see if yo can recover the data by::

How to perform iPad recovery for photos, videos

Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS: iPhone Data Recovery - Wondershare Official

http://www.amacsoft.com/ipod-data-recovery.html

- Contact a data recovery company

how do i back up my information from a disabled ipod to my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.