Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I insert a photo from Photos into a Word document now?

After discovering that iPhotos has completely disappeared I eventually found all my pictures in Photos. The problem I now have is that when I want to insert a photo into a Word document I can only see a list of names or numbers, not the actual images. I have no idea how to identify the particular photo that I want. Can anyone help here please?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:05 PM

iPhoto has not "totally disappeared" - it was removed only from the Dock - it is in your applications folder and can still be used

for now until MS updates Word export to the desktop nd then use the image a you want

LN

9 replies

Apr 26, 2015 10:13 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry. I'm relieved to know that iPhotos is still there, albeit not in an obvious place - at least not obvious to someone who just wants her computer to work the way she understands and not throw curve balls at me without any explanation... now, how do I export the photos I want to use in a Word doc to my desktop? Nothing I try works. Thanks in advance

Dec 6, 2016 2:50 PM in response to Yer_Man

When I insert photo from browser, it doesn't show the Photos directory - only iPhotos and PhotoBooth. Is there something I need to do to 'wake' it? Or is it my version of Word? (14.7.0) I can also drag&drop straight from iPhoto into Word - but not from Photos... I'm finding that while Photos has some good features, it isn't accessible/user friendly for other applications.

User uploaded file

How do I insert a photo from Photos into a Word document now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.