Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone keeps charging and discharging when plugged into my computer. It's not the cord and the phone charges perfectly when plugged into the wall

Whenever I plug my iPhone 6 into either USB port of my mac the phone keeps charging and discharging. I've tried other cords and every cord does the same thing in my computer. The phone charges perfectly fine in another person's mac and in the wall but only charges on and off when it's plugged into my computer. What should I do? And would Apple Care cover this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 6:31 PM

This fixed my problem. I've had this computer for 4 years now, and it continually does it, no matter the phone. I've gone through 4 iPhones so the problem is clearly the computer, not the phones.

Thanks so much for the help!

4 replies

Sep 29, 2015 11:25 PM in response to emgriff

Bumping this thread. I am experiencing the same issue and have seen threads like this dating back to iPhone 4s without being resolved. Does anyone know of a workaround?

I, too, know it is not the chord, because it charged my old phone from my MacBook Air without an issue. The issue seems to be stemming from its attempts to sync with iTunes.

Maybe this is as simple as needing a new phone? I recently had mine replaced.

iphone keeps charging and discharging when plugged into my computer. It's not the cord and the phone charges perfectly when plugged into the wall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.