Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed apple ID to new one, but ipad still has old apple id and wants password

Ok, so I had an iPad given to me by my school district, but I will be leaving in the summer and have to return it. So I bought my own new iPad Air, and went in and changed the apple ID to my main email address instead of my school email address as my apple ID.

Today I went in and my old iPad is now showing my old apple ID and asking for a password that I know is correct, but it says is incorrect, and nothing I am trying to do to reset it is working. Reset instructions are going to my new apple ID, but that doesn't help. I am trying to get all my stuff moved over, but can't because i can't get anything to backup because it is asking for my old password that won't work.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am not very Apple savvy, but this shouldn't be that difficult to do.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:49 PM

9 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:33 PM in response to Martinelmann

Ok, this solved half my problem. Now when I try to go to the iCloud to start backing everything up, it still shows my original apple ID. But when I go to log out of it, it asks me for the password, which doesn't work, and I can't get the system to send me the reset information for that one, so now I am stuck not being able to either log out, log in, or back anything up.

Changed apple ID to new one, but ipad still has old apple id and wants password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.