Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share itunes with other users, windows 8

I have just bought a new PC running windows 8. For each member of my family I have set up individual user accounts. I have then installed iTunes and attempted to follow the instructions located at iTunes: How to share music between different user accounts on a single computer - Apple Support to ensure that we can all access my centrally stored iTunes media/libraries. I have followed the instructions to the letter but it does NOT WORK on Windows 8. It may have worked on other versions, but not windows 8. Please, do not respond with the above link - it's already driven me crazy that this is the only result google turns up.

In iTunes, I have used 'edit preferences' to select the public music - 'iTunes media' folder on all accounts, and keep checking the actual public folder (C - Users - Public - Public Music - ITunes - ITunes Media) to make sure all the data is there. Indeed it is there. But for each other user, iTunes won't display any of the songs in my library, or any of the playlists.

I have even tried holding shift, opening iTunes and then selecting the central library. This just results in the music all being displayed, but iTunes displaying the message that it can't find any of the songs.(I have over 30,000...).

I have deleted and reinstalled iTunes several times, and have deleted and reinstalled the iTunes data - music. libraries etc (currently backed up on an external HDD) several times. I can get iTunes to work on my account only (administrator) - but whenever I try to set up other users to access the public content, iTunes won't cooperate.

As far as I can tell, with Windows 8, there is NO WAY TO SHARE YOUR ITUNES LIBRARIES WITH OTHER USER ACCOUNTS. I have read all the previous threads on this topic, have googled everything, and have looked on youtube

Apple - this not good enough.

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 8:52 PM

There are no replies.

share itunes with other users, windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.