Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had the iPhone 5 for a while and my Macbook Air was sending me the incoming messages from that phone, however I just upgraded to the 6 Plus and was wondering how I can get my laptop to recognize the messages from this phone now on iMessages.

Okay so my Macbook Air has always allowed me to receive iMessages from my iPhone 5 to my computer. So basically I could use both to text.. However I just upgraded to the iPhone 6 Plus and I would like the same to happen again with my new phone, but I don't know how. How can my incoming iMessages from my new iPhone 6 plus show up on my laptop?

-I see all the messages from my old iPhone there, but I would like to know how to set it up so that i can view the messages from my new phone.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 8:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 9:07 PM in response to natalee.nicole

Hi,

If you are signed onto the same iCloud/Apple ID for Messages, then the second number should have been registered with your Messages on the Mac at the time it was verified.

To check this, open Messages on the Mac, click on Accounts, and see if the number is displaying and checked. If it is not, Sign out of Messages on your new device and then sign on again.

Again, phones need to be signed onto the same Messages account that you have set up in Messages.

Cheers,

GB

I had the iPhone 5 for a while and my Macbook Air was sending me the incoming messages from that phone, however I just upgraded to the 6 Plus and was wondering how I can get my laptop to recognize the messages from this phone now on iMessages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.