Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i fix a dead pixel on my macbook

How do i fix a dead pixel on my macbook?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 8:36 PM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 1:44 AM in response to gianster4587

Dead pixel is a kind of Hardware fault. The only way to fix the dead pixel issue on a retina display would be to replace the entire display unit.

If its under warranty then it will be covered for free or else the repair will be quite expensive. Somewhere around $700 just for the display unit.

You can also try to get it fixed for a flat depot repair of $350 if Apple agrees. Cant guarantee though......

Hope this helps......

Apr 27, 2015 1:49 AM in response to gianster4587

Is your MacBook still under Apple Warranty (AppleCare)? If not, unfortunately a dead pixel is something you are going to have to live with unless you are prepared to have the screen replaced, I would recommend an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store however you may find cheaper elsewhere. I would recommend first taking it to Apple and have them diagnose it and see what they can suggest.

Good luck!

How do i fix a dead pixel on my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.