Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to increase the font size in the safari tool bar

Hello,

I am trying to set-up Yosemite for my mom who is a senior. The toolbar and address bar for safari seem to be quite small. Does anyone know how to increase the font size in the tool bar and address bar? I already figured out to make the font size bigger on a webpage which is nice but the rest of the interface, though pleasing to look at, is quite miniscule.

Hope someone can help.

Mac mini (Early 2009), iOS 8.3, Safari

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:19 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:51 AM in response to L.Pasteur

I too would like an easier way to do it. The only way that I have found (& it works for all applications, desktops Document & Download files) is to decrease the size of your Screen display from 2560 by 1440 ( this is your "Default for display") to 1920 by 1080. This is accomplished by going to "Accessibility Preferences" in your menu bar or through Systems Preferences and choosing the DISPLAY icon, then unchecking the "Default for Display" Setting and then check "Scaled".

Your screen resolutions will then appear in the drop down box & you can choose a smaller display (e.g. 1920 x 1440), then all print will appear larger on the screen.

If anyone knows a slicker way, I 'm all ears (actually "eyes" would be more appropriate.

I hope this helps you.

-fpn7

How to increase the font size in the safari tool bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.