Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing payment method error

hello,

I have set up family sharing on my I Phone 6 and we have a valid payment method on my wife account.

when I try to download the music she purchased, I receive the next error:

unable to download

to download shared content, your Family must have a valid payment method.

thanks in advance,

Udi

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 9:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 10:05 PM in response to udifromhod hasharon

is that content bought before u arrange family share or after. You can check which contents u can share from here Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing - Apple Support Also if issue persists u may contact with AppleCare iTunes store department to see if there is any issue with account. But mentioned that main account is you wife's so she may need to contact with them

Apr 26, 2015 10:08 PM in response to udifromhod hasharon

Well, you must be sure that "you try make purchase." using credit card, not debit card.

What I can tell you to try is that "you should check the account details." typed on Apple ID. Go to settings > iTunes&App Store and tap on Apple ID. View the account. Probably Apple ID will ask you to change some of info, most probably password.!

Besides, you can do the same steps using iTunes on PC. If you sure that credit card works fine, except family sharing, as I said you must see the account details and change info there. 🙂 Let's start trying the steps by changing your password.

family sharing payment method error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.