Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fan sound

Hello, recently I have re-subbed to the game World of Warcraft and found out the game runs smoothly (up to 80 FPS) on the Macbook Air I own.

Every time I play, after about 5-10 minutes the fans start being very loud, I wanted to ask if it is bad for the laptop or it is just compesating for the heat CPU creates under the pressure of the game and is normal when using CPU heavy applications.

The main thing I want to know is if it in any way can hurt the Macbook in the short or long run.

Thanks a lot for you answers

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:33 AM

Yes, the high spinning of fans during heavy gaming or using graphic intensive application is the part of air conditioning the innards of your macbook.

It is completely normal for any macbook to get its fans spinning high to compensate the amount of heat generated by the CPU to cool down the machine.

But, its not a good idea to keep your macbook exposed to such level of heat for an extended period of times. Play game or only certain hours or play alternately by giving breaks to your macbook.

If its exposed to such level of heat for an extended period of times then definitely its gonna affect the life of your macbook in a long run.

Hope this will help you........

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:33 AM in response to michalpenaz

Yes, the high spinning of fans during heavy gaming or using graphic intensive application is the part of air conditioning the innards of your macbook.

It is completely normal for any macbook to get its fans spinning high to compensate the amount of heat generated by the CPU to cool down the machine.

But, its not a good idea to keep your macbook exposed to such level of heat for an extended period of times. Play game or only certain hours or play alternately by giving breaks to your macbook.

If its exposed to such level of heat for an extended period of times then definitely its gonna affect the life of your macbook in a long run.

Hope this will help you........

Fan sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.