Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Defective Screen/Other Issues

I have a 15'' MacBook Pro Retina that I purchased late 2013. I had my last macbook for almost 5 years without a problem and fell in love with Apple... Now, after saving and spending what is a small fortune for me (nearly $4000.00) on what I thought was going to be a great computer that would be worth every penny, I've been very disappointed.

Not even a month after my one year support was up in November of 2014, I noticed a small cluster of faded pixels on my screen. I was a little angry at that, but decided to suck it up because I live 3 hours away from the nearest apple store, and it was most likely my fault that I had not noticed them before my warranty expired.

A couple months after that, my screen had more pixel problems. There started to be about 10-20 separate pixels stuck on blue, green, or red, scattered across the bottom of the screen. Because they are so small, it's possible to somewhat ignore them (depending on what I am doing on my computer).

Since I've recently moved back to my hometown, I have been staying at my Grandparents house and have needed to use my earphones when watching television shows on my laptop late at night. About 40% of the time when I unplug the headphones I lose all sound on my computer. I have to reinsert, unplug the headphone jack a few times to get the sound back on my computer.

Also, I've noticed a few pit marks on the aluminum, from what I read, this seems to be "normal" from where your hands rest on your laptop (which seems to be the only place that is pitted), and occasionally certain keys on the keyboard just decide not to respond.

Now tonight, to top everything else off (And what finally made me write this all up), my charger stopped charging my MacBook. I have the choice of either driving three hours to find a store to spend $100 on a new one, or wait about a week or so to receive one in the mail and not being able to charge my laptop. I just hope it is the charger that is broken before I spend my money, and not another thing to add to the list of what is wrong with the laptop itself.

I'm not rough with my electronics, and like I said, since I spent what was a lot of money to me on this MacBook (expecting it to last years), I have babied this laptop more than anything else I own. For the first time in almost ten years, I am extremely disappointed with an Apple product, and pondering whether or not my next computer will be Apple or not. So here's the question after my long-winded rant...

Did I just happen to get a dud for my 15'' MacBook Pro Retina? Or are these issues quite common for others as well?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:09 AM

There are no replies.

Defective Screen/Other Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.