Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage sending as iMessage from Macbook but sending as text message from iPhone

Hi everyone

My iMessage is currently set up on both my iPhone and my Macbook. The problem is this: whenever I successfully send an iMessage from my Macbook to another person who has iMessage on their phone, at the same time my iPhone (which is connected with iMessage on my Macbook) sends the message not as an iMessage but as a TEXT message. This is really annoying as it defeats the purpose of iMessage, to be able to send messages for free. What further complicates the matter is that not every iMessage I send from my Macbook sends as a text message from my iPhone. I hope this makes sense.

I'm really not sure what to do about this and hope that someone may be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iMessage problems

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 10:29 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:05 AM in response to modular747

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I was a bit unclear in my wording. I'll try explain again.

Every person I know who has iMessage connected to their iPhone and their Mac is able to to send an iMessage from their Mac and that same iMessage will show up in the same conversation on their iPhone. Sometimes this happens for me, as it should. HOWEVER, sometimes when I send an iMessage from my Mac, instead of my iPhone displaying this same iMessage (that I sent from my Mac to ANOTHER person) in the conversation, it resends this iMessage (even though I am on wi-fi, have cellular data enabled & have iMessage turned 'on' on my iPhone) as a text message.

iMessage sending as iMessage from Macbook but sending as text message from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.