Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant use the ipad i just bought

so i bought an ipad from the swap meet. i asked if it was ok that it wasnt stolen. there was no passcode so i thought it was unlocked that i could just sign in and use it. i reset it to where it was like brand new so i could personalize it and make it my own. now i cant even use it because it says i need someones apple id that its connected to and says something about find my iphone. well what can i do to get past this and set it up to my own.? or did i just waste my money?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:28 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 4:37 AM in response to kaydizzle23

Only the person who initiated the Activation Lock can remove it. Return the iPad

for a refund. Or turn it in to the police with all the information you have on the seller

as the iPad is most likely stolen. There is no workaround for Activation Lock. Unless

you can contact the person who initiated the Activation Lock and get them to

remove it, the iPad is useless.

cant use the ipad i just bought

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.