Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with synchronization.

Problem with synchronization. If I select "Content Created" - the program puts files by creation time, taking for the beginning of each clip on the timeline, time of its creation, ie, time of its completion. Because of this, if taken a few clips with great length and small time intervals in the pauses between them - the program can not put them right. They crawl on top of each other ....

Can I do something for calculating the start position of each clip, were been calculated from the difference between the time of its creation and its length?!?

Thank you...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:06 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:48 AM in response to gregpek

It is not clear what you are trying to do. Are you selecting several clips and trying to create a synchronized clip? Or a multicam clip?

If you have several clips with video, you want a multicam clip, not a synchronized clip.

And you should make sure that all the clips that belong to the same camera have the same value for "camera angle" set in the Inspector. This will help FCP X put those clips in the same angle.

That said, often it is much simpler to just let FCP X sync on audio, and leave everything else on automatic. It usually works fine.

Please post screenshots to give us a clearer idea of what is happening and what you intended.

Apr 27, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I try to make multicam project. I have material from two dslr camera. One of the camera have no sound! They haven't timecode. So, the only way to do multicam project - to Synchronize angles by "content created" function. it is work well in case of short clips. But if there several long clips with small pause between shots it doesn't .

Apr 27, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes I did it all . And it works. But only with short clips. I think the program puts clips on a timeline ( if you select option "content created " ) based on the date of creation, and takes it ( date of creation ) as the start of each shot. But really the "date of creation" it is not the start of shot, it is the end of shot!

Problem with synchronization.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.